Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taking the Easy Way Out

This morning, I woke up to a busier than the usual 9AM Facebook feed where a lot of my contacts were reacting to Angelo Reyes' apparent suicide in a cemetery which isn't new to me (the last death in the family was a grandaunt's, and she was laid to rest there). Of course, I was stunned (Who wouldn't be, minutes after waking up?), but at the back of my mind, I was a little bit disappointed.


How can justice be delivered if he wouldn't be here to undergo trial? I believe our justice system deserves a win even just for redemption's sake. The public trust in the judiciary has long been stained and honestly, it would take a case this big to win back at least a few people's hearts. That is, if he were truly guilty.


Don't get me wrong; I am fully aware of the concept of divine justice, which God probably already has delivered to him by now. But wouldn't it set a good example to the ever-dirty military if those involved would get exactly what they deserve?


What he did this morning probably was an admission of guilt so the investigation should push through now, more than ever. If he had a clear conscience from the beginning, he couldn't have been troubled enough to take his own life. If the accusations made against him were true, then he has sinned not only God but also his people. However, I do not believe in death as a punishment. So it's an extremely delicate and sad situation, and it is very unfortunate that his fate ended this way. I personally pray for the eternal repose of his soul and for the health of those he had left behind.


I just hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for.


As for the government, may this set as a haunting example of just how money and politics can destroy people's lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Bored & Understimulated. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree